What should I expect at my PATs next week?

Melanie B.
on 7/31/08 3:07 am - Doylestown, PA
As I've posted before i go in on the 7th for my PATs. What exactly do they do? I know the U/S of the gallbladder is a big part and i'm sure lots of blood draws...but what else?

I'm up to 84 hours on that freakin' CPAP and still need 116 more before 8/25.

Dianne P.
on 7/31/08 3:17 am - DE
Well first and formost they weigh ya, then they take 4 tubes of blood, then they take 2 exrays of your chest, then ya go to the ultrasound of your stomach, after that they have ya blow into a tube, like ya did at the pulmonogist. After that a battery of health questions. Then they want ya to blow in the spiromotor. By then u are meeted by the Dr. who looks over the blood work taken etc, and clears u for surgery. Then the Nut, your Dr. and off you go free to go home. It's not as bad as it sounds just takes about 2 to 3 hours but it goes fast. Take a magazine cuz there are a lag 10 min.s here 10 there. All Dr. s might be different I have Dr. Boe.
Good Luck
P.S My Gf had to wear the CPAP, she wore it driving everywhere. gotta do what ya gotta do. She looked funny driving with the thing, but she drives about 3 hours a day back and forth to work.
rita61677
on 7/31/08 3:59 am - Philadelphia, PA
I didnt have an ultrasound of my stomach??? was I suppossed too????? I did everything else you said just not the ultrasound. I had an ekg too.
lizziebug
on 7/31/08 4:04 am - Bristol, PA
I did't have an ultrasound either.
Dianne P.
on 7/31/08 5:03 am - DE
Rita, My gf had your Dr. and she does things differenty. Dr. Boe expects a 10 day liquid diet. I believe your Dr. just wants 2 days before surgery. I also had a EKG forgot anout that 1. All in all please don't worry about the PATS, that is a sinch trust me. Just do what the good Dr. tells u and u will be fine. barix takes such good care of you. Your in good hands.
Pam Hart
on 7/31/08 10:43 am - Easton, PA
Dr. P doesn't do gallbladder ultrasounds......
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Melanie B.
on 7/31/08 4:26 am - Doylestown, PA
I suppose it's a doc's preference. i know Dr. M does it becasue if you have gallstones he will not do a LAP procedure, only an open since he will remove your GB. apparently Dr. P (I think) will simply remove the GB during the LAP if it's got stones....though I'm not sure how she would know that....

ya ask a question, you get more questions

Shannon O.
on 7/31/08 5:12 am - Reading, PA
bring something to eat and drink with you... you can eat and drink after all the tests...

you only have to have the US if you still have a gall bladder.. and that sucker hurt... at least it did for me... I'm short and she had to roll that evil thing over the edge of my rib cage... ugh... I wanted to hit her lol...

Oh yeah I think they make you also pee in a cup to make sure you aren't preggers... bring a book... I was there for 6 hours... they were slow that day lol...

Dianne P.
on 7/31/08 5:23 am - DE
Shannon,

I believe the ultrasound lady has a name for herself , she said folks call her the Nazi Lady, she was evil my rib cage hurt for a day afterwords, I thought I was just being a baby. Thank goodness.
Shannon O.
on 7/31/08 5:26 am - Reading, PA
I had brusies lol... and since my surgery was 7 days later I still had them... Boe harassed me saying I had gotten into a bar fight the day before or something like that lol...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views